Choose from the American Red Cross Courses listed in the lower left menu for more information about each offered course.
All participants must provide their own bathing suit and towel for all course sessions.
Currently offered ARC Classes/Courses are as follows:
- Adult Learn-to-Swim (LTS)
- Learn the Basics: earn basic swimming strokes and skills needed to stay safe, and help keep others safe in and around the water.
- Improving Skills and Swimming Strokes: Participants will gain proficiency in basic aquatic skills and the six basic swimming strokes.
- Swimming for Fitness: Participants will learn to refine their front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke and turns to build endurance.
- Youth Learn-to-Swim (LTS)
- Learn-to-Swim Level 1 - Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 2 - Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 3 - Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 4 - Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 5 - Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 6 - Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students will learn to swim with ease, and efficiency, and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
- Lifeguarding Preparation - Not ready for the Lifeguarding Course just yet? Need extra time in the pool to successfully master the Lifeguarding Pre-Requisites? Join us for a Lifeguarding Preparation Session, where we will work with you so you can successfully pass the required pre-requisites preparing you to enroll in the Lifeguarding Course.
- Lifeguarding Course - The American Red Cross lifeguard training and certification program is the first step to get hired as a certified Red Cross lifeguard. Our detailed training includes both testing of hands-on skills as well as a written test. Upon successful completion of the Lifeguarding course, you will receive a Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification, which is valid for two years and is accepted nationwide.
- Lifeguarding Review - Lifeguard recertification can be achieved with Lifeguarding Review classes that refresh your knowledge and skills and update your certification for another two years. To participate in the Lifeguard Review class you must have a current lifeguard certification, or certification expired by no more than 30 days.
*If there is an ARC course that we dont currently offer but you would like to take, please speak with us so we can make any accommodations possible to get you the training you want.