Share your passion for scuba diving by becoming a PADI Divemaster. As a divemaster you’ll supervise scuba diving activities and assist with scuba classes. PADI Divemaster is the first step in your diving career.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and PADI Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
You may be able to get college credit for the Divemaster course – ask your instructor.
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
Check with your local dive center to get advice about everything you’ll need as a dive pro.
For the academic portion of the course, one option is to study by reading the Divemaster Manual and watching the Divemaster Video (a book and DVD package). Visit your local PADI Dive Center or Resort to enroll in the course and get your Divemaster Crew-Pak, which also includes other reference materials – like the PADI Instructor Manual and The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – that you’ll need during the course.
FULL COURSE (Training Only - Must purchase Divemaster Crew Kit - $329)
|Divemaster (Full Course)||
|SRP||$855 (per person)||$930 (per person)||$955 (per person)|
|Our Price*||$750 (per person)||$825 (per person)||$850 (per person)|